BUSINESS OF THE DAY: Restaurant Mogul!
Next time you’re at a restaurant, walk through the menu with your child. Talk about why or how that restaurant’s manager and/or owner selected those particular foods, drinks, desserts, etc. to serve, and how those items fit in with the restaurants theme or brand . Encourage your child to take in that particular restaurant’s environment, experience, colors, pictures, theme.
THE PRESENTATION SLIDE WITH TODAY'S OBJECTIVES: Why You're Doing This
- Bring mindfulness to how restaurants make food/beverage choices that align with their restaurant’s theme, brand, mission, values.
- Introduce the idea of brand recognition and branding.
THE FAMILY CONFERENCE CALL: Questions to Talk About Together
- What colors, pictures, and/or artwork does this restaurant display?
- What’s this place “feel” like?
- Do you notice any trends or similarities in what they’ve chosen to display?
- Does this restaurant have a theme? Does that theme carry over to the names of the dishes on the menu?
Parents, encourage your child to look everywhere and talk through everything he or she sees. On a napkin, write down some trends he or she notices, and talk through that restaurant’s theme/brand and what that means.