BUSINESS OF THE DAY: Price Burst!
Next time you are in a store (grocery, convenience store, toy store, etc.), look for “ price bursts”. A “price burst” is a star, a circle, or a call out with the price inside of it. Its purpose is to draw attention to that respective item’s price.
THE PRESENTATION SLIDE WITH TODAY'S OBJECTIVES: Why You're Doing This
- Allow your child to identify different types of bursts to form an opinion on their design and purpose.
- Help your child to learn about why businesses use price bursts.
THE FAMILY CONFERENCE CALL: Questions to Talk About Together
- How many different price bursts can you find?
- Which are your favorite bursts, and why?
- Why are you drawn to certain price bursts?
- Why does the product have a price burst on it anyways?
- What do you think the store or business wants to accomplish with a price burst?
Parents, one of the best places to look for price bursts is at a dollar store. If you don’t have one nearby, try the clearance aisle of any store.