BUSINESS OF THE DAY: Get Some Flavor!
At the grocery store, look for three, different flavors of the same cereal brand . (Examples: Cheerios; Multigrain Cheerios and Honey Nut Cheerios; OR Special K, Berry Special K, Banana Nut Special K)
THE PRESENTATION SLIDE WITH TODAY'S OBJECTIVES: Why You're Doing This
- Educate your child about how and why a company makes different selections of the same product.
- Teach your kids the concept that many cereals and products have several flavors or varieties because people like different things, and they, therefore, buy different things.
THE FAMILY CONFERENCE CALL: Questions to Talk About Together
- How are these three flavors different?
- Why are there several different flavors of the same item/brand?
- Are the flavors more for kids or adults?
- Which of the cereal boxes is your favorite, and why? Colors? Pictures?
- Which of the cereal boxes will mommy or daddy let you get today, and why?
Parents, help your child pick out the flavor that is healthiest between the three, and, if you’re up for it, buy the box for your house.