BUSINESS OF THE DAY: Dollars in Every Direction
While you’re out shopping as a family, tell your child to keep his eyes peeled for dollar signs. When he sees one, point it out; then talk it out.
THE PRESENTATION SLIDE WITH TODAY'S OBJECTIVES: Why You're Doing This
- Grow your child’s awareness of not only the presence of the dollar sign as a symbol, but also the significance of the dollar in our culture.
- Show your child the prevalence of the dollar sign in our culture and society.
THE FAMILY CONFERENCE CALL: Questions to Talk About Together
- Where are some places that you notice we see a lot of dollar signs?
- Where are dollar signs shown on displays or products?
- What does the dollar sign mean in each case?
- What letter of the alphabet does the dollar sign look like?
Parents, encourage your child to either draw a dollar sign or write one in the air. If your child is older, also introduce writing a “cent” sign, and being about to articulate the difference between dollars and cents.