BUSINESS OF THE DAY: A Real Lesson in Real Estate
Explore your neighborhood, and ask your child to look for one thing specifically – real estate , for sale , for lease, etc. signs.
THE PRESENTATION SLIDE WITH TODAY'S OBJECTIVES: Why You're Doing This
- Expose your child to real estate, and the idea that homes, apartments, condos (any kind of living situation) can be purchased just like any other product or service.
- Show your child that things are for sale all around us, and that real estate signs stand as a form of advertising.
THE FAMILY CONFERENCE CALL: Questions to Talk About Together
- Why would a family put a real estate sign in their front yard?
- What colors, numbers, words, pictures stand out to you on that sign?
- Where do you think the people are going?
- Who will buy the house? Who will help the new family buy the house?
- What is all the information on the sign?
Parents, if your child is young, you can start this conversation by simply counting the number of real estate signs on your walk.